lunes, 21 de septiembre de 2015

Review: Love Hurts by Mandi Beck



Love Hurts
Series: Caged Love #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Author: Mandi Beck
Release Date: January 18, 2015
Rating: 3.5 to 4 stars

Blurb
Even when she won’t fight for us, I’ll go to war for her… 

Inside the Octagon, I have no fear. I’m at home, in my element, inflicting pain onto men trained to hurt me just as badly. Making them submit, knocking them out, maiming them, because it’s them or me. And I choose them. 

Outside the Octagon, my only weakness is a five-foot-two, classy as fuck woman that I’ve loved for most of my life. She’s the one that brings me to my knees, fills my arms, my heart, and one day soon, my bed. She makes me reckless. Volatile. I drink too much and try too hard to fuck my way out of feeling—all because of her.

Frankie De Rosa is my girl, my best friend. I haven’t earned her yet, but I won’t stand by and let anyone take her from me. She will be the greatest fight of my life, but she’s worth the battle. 

Love hurts, but anything worth having does, right?

I’m Deacon “The Hitman” Love — Welcome to the Cage. 

Add to Goodreads


Amazon US iBooks B&N

My Review
This book... I have a lot of mixed feelings with this one.
The thing is to be the first book from Mandi, she nailed it, I liked the book but I didn't love it.
You know there are some books that are a little rough at the corners but have a perfect combination in the story that captivates you. That happened to me, but almost at the end.
I was expecting too much I think, I'd seen so many 5 stars reviews to this book, that I was too excited to start the story of Deacon and Frankie, but I was hurt. I wanted to like so much this book that sometimes I thought it was boring and I was worried I couldn't finish it.
But I did it... and let me tell you, I think I enjoyed the last part, for the one and only Deacon.

Maybe the main problem to me was the heroine, I hated her, no, I hate her, this little stubborn blonde made me so angry that I really was wishing to be a MMA fighter to slap her in the face. The way she hurted my poor Deacon, man, love HURTS like a motherfucker with her. 

Beside their passion and chemistry, come on, she was sometimes too much childish and while my Deacon was battling between face one of the biggest figths of his career and a broken heart, no she was afraid to be another woman in Deacon's bed?? Honey, don't you see that he fucking loves you so much!!?
Well, she didn't undersand that, and Deacon, always the sweet, angry guy... he's an ideal book boyfriend. He loved her so damn much...

"Even when she won't fight for us, I'll go to war for her"

You see... If I'm being an idiota with a guy who really loves me, who have been my bestfriend since we were little, I would put my pants of a big woman and see what we can make to work everything out! 

"You can't lose someone that makes up a part of who you are. We are a part of each other, Princess. That's never going to change."

And yes, despite everything with Frankie, I liked the book... you can see what Mandi wanted to create, and for being her first book, she did a good job.
So if you're a fan of a good alpha, MMA fighter with a dirty sexy mouth who don't mind love you and make you the happiest girl in the world... You should add this book to your shelves!



Author Bio
Mandi Beck has been an avid reader all of her life. A deep love for books always had her jotting down little stories on napkins, notebooks, and her hand. As an adult she was further submerged into the book world through book clubs and the epicness of social media. It was then that she graduated to writing her stories on her phone and then finally on a proper computer.
A nursing student, mother to two rambunctious and somewhat rotten boys, and stepmom to two great girls away at college, she shares her time with her husband in Chicago where she was born and raised. Mandi is a diehard hockey fan and blames the Blackhawks when her deadlines are not met.
Love Hurts is her debut novel and she is currently working on the next in the series along with whatever other voices are clamoring for attention in her mind.


Social Media Links



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario